Sunday, January 14, 2024

Mid-Summer Surprise

Um, I forgot something.... (!!)  Last weekend as I was writing away, I apologize Alex - I didn't think about the incredible tattoo you got last summer!  It's your second one, quite different in style from the Scottish broadsword on your forearm.  One July (or August?) evening, Steve and I were sitting on the front porch.  You asked us to come in, and pulled up your sleeve to show the outline of a "Mom" tattoo on your upper arm - featuring a dragonfly with a heart.  It was SO unexpected, I was practically speechless.  Obviously, I recognize how much thought you put into the design including bright colors.  You know I love dragonfiles, and at the Susquehanna River where you often fish you've seen many over the summers.  Dragonfiles here are usually a slightly irridescent, dusky blue color - sometimes they ride along with us on canoes.  With ink colors added later on, below is the completed artwork.  I'm still suprised and truly honored that you want to "take me along" in this special way.   Thank you Alex!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment