Monday, January 15, 2024

On Turning 59

A couple weeks ago I turned 59.  Once again, Steve and I are the same age!  Not exactly looking forward to a "0" birthday next January, 2025....  However, many good things are coming along.  Like practicing chords on the new ukulele Steve gave me as a birthday present.  

And thinking about a trip back to Europe.  Steve and my 10th wedding anniversary.  Getting a little closer to retirement.  Continuing to be enjoy being your Mom, with the daydream of grandchildren in the future.  I have noticed a drop in my overall energy level, but as long as I pace myself can still get plenty done.  Not overly fond of driving longer distances (maybe the concentration makes me tired?), 5-6 hours a day is preferable.  I appreciate simple things like good coffee, a warm (or cool) house, comfortable car (love my Chevy Equinox), and relaxing in the living room easy chair.  Still have trouble with pronouncing a few words....  like coupon.  Should it be koo-pon or kyoo-pon?

Another joy is listening to music.  In thinking about what can be accomplished over a lifetime, I find older artists to be inspirational.  Cher, Dolly Parton, Brian May and Paul McCartney are examples.  On our way to Wyncote on Saturday, we listened to this classic 1972 song by the Eagles.  Here's a wonderful, kind of mesmerizing performance of Take It Easy performed by this mature, incredible band in the mid 1990's.  Watch the guitar player!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment