Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Carroll Boys" - The First Month

Well, this journal is now about 1 month old.  It went very quickly for me, how about you?  I do enjoy thinking about what I'm going to write, doing a little research, and sitting at the keyboard creating each post.  A few thoughts to share with you, Sasha and Brock:

Being Thankful:  I was driving home from Newark yesterday thinking about how good life can be.  It is so easy to take things for granted, especially as well-to-do Americans.  Remember, most people around the world can only dream about the life style we have.  Since we have access to computers and the Internet, it's possible for us to play games on-line, communicate easily, find information quickly, and for me to write to you boys via "Carroll Boys".  Some other things that I'm especially thankful for:
  • The two of you.  As a young girl, I didn't know what I wanted be when I grew up except that I wanted to be a Mom.  I intentionally planned and tried to direct my career so that I could work part-time when I had children......  and luckily, that wish has become a reality.  It makes me very happy to have time with you, help each other out (homework, school projects, household jobs) and be together for "fun" time like your sports & other activities, holidays and vacations.
  • Being healthy.  It means I can be physically active with you, work to provide what we need, and fully enjoy being just being alive.
  • Family and friends.  There are many special people in our lives - people who help us in difficult times, who make us laugh, who make us happy.

My "Blogger Support" Network:  To my knowledge, only the three of us and Steve know about this blog.  I am very grateful for Steve's interest, willingness to answer questions, and his help with the technical stuff (although even I have to admit it's not complicated!).  And you will notice that "Carroll Boys" borrows heavily from the format of "NCFE"....  Thank you, Steve!  Brock, I really appreciate your interest in checking out new posts and revisiting YouTube videos from older ones.

More Favorite Songs:  Brock has mentioned two of his favorite songs "Nightrain" (although for some reason I keep thinking it should be "Soul Train") and "What I've Done".  And I know Sasha is a huge Guns N' Roses fan.  So, in keeping with tradition of the past month - here they are:



Unfortunately, embedding is disabled for this "What I've Done" video by Linkin Park.  But you can link to it on YouTube here:

     What I've Done

No comments:

Post a Comment