Sunday, January 1, 2012

On Turning 47

Some people don't like to admit how old they are.  I'm not one of them, although sometimes it has been fun to keep you two guessing.  I especially liked it when you boys were quite young, and sure I couldn't be more than 19.

Just for today, since it's my birthday - I'm going to write a little about how I feel now that I'm in my late 40's.....

Not long ago, Steve asked me how I would describe myself as a girl.  I thought briefly, and my response was that I was shy, overweight, and very smart.  I have gained a lot of confidence since then, so now I don't think of myself as being shy (but the other 2 probably still apply).  Fast forward 30+ years, and I would say that now I realize I have shortcomings but feel comfortable with the entire person I have become.  With the years, I have also gained at least some wisdom....  believe I have good judgment and usually make good decisions.  And am especially happy that I feel confident about doing the "right" thing when faced with challenges.  When I solve problems I try very hard to follow my conscience, considering the best interests of everyone involved - most especially the two of you.

Here is a song I like a lot and makes me think of all the rewards that come along with gaining life experience.  This is Martina McBride performing "This One's For The Girls" (it may sound kind of familiar, since it's also the ring tone on my cell phone).  Sasha and Brock, I want you to have a great time as kids and don't feel rushed to grow up.  But there is lots to look forward to as you get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment