Wednesday, October 11, 2017

"Real" County Music

I guess you both know that I've been an on-and-off country music fan.  (And I really did want a truck for a bit when you were quite young.....!)  What this has usually meant is "country pop" type artists such as the Judd's, Shania Twain, Martina McBride, etc.  Although Steve and I went to a Dolly Parton concert a couple years ago, and can verify that Dolly is a true country music icon.

As I while away time listening to music on You Tube, I've begun to appreciate old-time country music, and I'm always looking for more Johnny Cash and Carter Family songs.  I came across two tonight that are just fantastic....  so lucky you, I'm going to share them.

The first song was written by Merle Kilgore and June Carter.  It became one of Johnny Cash's best known songs, but was originally recorded by June's sister Anita Carter.  She had a compelling, spectacular voice - this rendition is just wonderful.



And this probably the sweetest love song I've ever heard, performed by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash.  Theirs is a great love story; I hope very much that some day both of you will have the joy of finding your own soul mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment