Sunday, September 9, 2018

Post Script

"The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES."

-T.S. Eliot/The Naming of Cats


When Steve heard about yesterday's post, he asked whether I remembered to list all of Tiger's names.  (Noooo.)  So, here is a list of special names we've had for our handsome, poofball kitty:
  • Tiggy Wiggy
  • Tigrero Rochete
  • The Wiger
  • Fluffy
  • Fluffius Maximus
  • The Ayatollah of Flufferola
  • Fluffmeister General
  • Fluffernutter
As you know, I love listening to old-time country music.  This past week I came across a Carter Family song what was covered by Roseann Cash.  The song "Under the Weeping Willow " is about about a completely different situation, but the theme of loss is the same.  It's a very simple arrangement, and absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment