Wednesday, January 1, 2020

A New Year's Song

Today was a quiet day, while we recuperated from holiday festivities including a couple nights at the cabins.  It's our first New Year's at home without Alex, which is a little sad for me.  Also it's my birthday, which I could conveniently forget as I'm now eleven lustrum (you may have to look that up).  Although one good reason to be glad for my birthday is that Steve got us tickets to a show - Fiddler on the Roof, which is coming to the Scranton Cultural Center in April (!)  I do love musicals.

We just got back from our annual trek to see the Christmas lights at Nay Aug Park (this year we did not drive up & down Fireman's Hill aka Olive Street, where Rob has said he would like to live some day).  We had a delicious dinner at Fratelli's restaurant too.  The stars are out tonight :-)  When we got home, Rob played a lovely version of "Over the Rainbow" on his phone.  It's a song about hopes and dreams for the future.  And it's just a little melancholy which I sometimes feel during the holiday season, thinking of Chrismas's past even as we're enjoying our kitties (like Rambo under the tree, and Jean Luc lounging among the presents as you opened them), family time, gifts, lights, decorations, cards from friends & family and too many cookies. 

Happy New Year!  And best wishes for everyone in 2020.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment