Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Funny Conversations Etc.

Coming right up.....  here is a posting about funny conversations we've had recently!
  • A few months back, you Brock wanted to know what I would ask for if I had 3 wishes.  My response was incredibly boring, on the order of wanting both of you to have happy, productive lives.  When I asked you what you would wish for, your response was "No Gravity!!"  (Wow!)
  • Brock and I went to church about a month ago and listened to the children's sermon about Saint David's Day - celebrated on March 1st.  Saint David is the patron saint of Wales, who lived in the 5th century.  Pastor Laura explained that there are relics of St. David - including his forefinger - at St. David's Cathedral.  Later in the day, Brock's question to me was "If we still have (our gecko) Hermie when he dies, can we keep his tail?!"  So of course, I've since searched on-line for a picture of St David's remains.  I found an interesting article about the authenticity of the bones including a photo!  I imagine you'll want to check it out -->  BBC Article
  • Not long after that, I had an odd dream....  The doorbell woke me early, and I came downstairs to discover that you both were up already (I was not happy, as it was something like 5:45 a.m. and I knew that getting up so early would result in very cranky children later).  You were in the living room together when I answered the door.  A young man walked in, and I said "Hi, are you Gage?" (Gage is an actual friend of Sasha, and lives a few blocks away).  The visitor was offended and said "NO!  My name is Battery!"  Sasha, when I texted you about this, your comment something like "Mom, his name is not spelled 'Gauge' (as spelled in my text), it's 'Gage' !!")  I am quite sure I was dreaming about vehicle repairs and somehow got my car instruments/parts confused. 
  • A couple weeks ago, Brock asked what I'd want if I had LOTS of money (such as I had won the lottery, or was visited by the Money Fairy).  I told you my first priority would be finding a larger house, so each of you would have your own bedrooms.  Sasha, when we asked you this afternoon what you would do with a windfall your response was to buy a fishing cabin along a lovely trout creek in Montana to use for vacations a couple times a year.  And Brock, you said that you'd want a sample of every Lego Ninjago set ever made, a place to display them all, and workers (with excellent eye sight to keep track of all them little pieces) to build the models for you.  You have a very active imagination!!
    For a final chuckle, around President's Day Brock and I watched this funny Geico commercial on YouTube.  The moral of this Abe and Mary Lincoln clip?  Per Sasha, if your wife asks you whether she looks fat always say NO.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment