Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tooth Fairy Troubles

In the past few months, you Brock have lost several baby teeth.  You complained this past weekend about a bottom tooth that was bothering you especially when eating.  I suggested wiggling your tooth a lot during church, then OUT it came on Sunday afternoon.  While getting ready for bed, you mentioned how funny it was when you got a letter from the tooth fairy after leaving your tooth under your pillow on a Saturday night - to the effect that Saturday was her night off.  Well, guess what happened this time?

The tooth went under your pillow, and on Monday morning you found a note that read as follows:
                                            April 15, 2012

Hello Robert Buchanan Carroll,

It was very thoughtful of you to leave your tooth out tonight.

However, I'm now working under a brand new union contract.  The good news is I now have a computer + printer. The bad news is that my night off was changed from Saturday to Sunday.  So now there is NO TOOTH PICKUP on Sundays. 

If you leave teeth out any other night, service will be provided.  (I'm passing through Wyoming and happened to notice yours under your pillow.  Think I'll go looking for tadpoles down by the River tomorrow morning....)

Take good care of your teeth, meaning brush them often and well.  They are very important, and you will want them to last your entire life.

The Fairy of the Tooths

Eek!  Luckily, the tooth fairy did come to work last night.  This morning your tooth had disappeared and you got $5 under your pillow (this reflects absolutely ridiculous inflation, since I believe I got 25c when I was a kid).

Well, as further evidence that the tooth fairy belongs to a union, I found this interesting story about tooth pickup on a holiday....  Little Madeline discovered that the tooth fairy didn't come to her house on Martin Luther King day -->  The Hays Family Article

And, even better, I came across this funny note written by Haylee after the tooth fair didn't stop at her house.  Do you think the union contract allows for the tooth fairy to slack off, or what if the fairy gets sick???  Wish we could read that contract for ourselves!  I wonder if Haylee got an apology note?  Hmmmm.

Dear, Toothfairy  It has been 4 days of putting my tooth under my pillow and on my desk. I am getting sick and tried of it. I would really like it if you just did what you are supposed to do.   P.S. I am not being rude. You could write if you want. Love, Haylee

No comments:

Post a Comment